No products in the cart.
Natural Earth Organic Pigment Paint set, 6 colours (makes up to 2.5 litres total)
Naturally coloured clay is collected from the ground, dried, crushed, and sifted into pure pigment. Mix water with the coloured powders to create a creamy, tempura-like paint – or add more water to create watercolours. Made in the USA. Suitable for all ages 3 to adult.
Out of stock
Natural Earth Paint
Natural Earth Paint is an organic, eco-friendly paint kit made from natural earth pigments (pure clay). The naturally coloured clay is collected from the ground, dried, crushed, and sifted into pure pigment. Mix water with the coloured powders to create a creamy, tempura-like paint -- or add more water to create watercolours. The rich, vibrant colors can also be used by adults for crafting, scrapbooking, and more. It is suitable for all ages.
Reviewed in over 40 eco-blogs, this kit is made in small batches by hand by a family business in the state of Oregon, USA. The paints have been tested by US-government approved toxicologists and are 100% non-toxic.
The Children’s Earth Paint Kit includes:
- Six packets (about 80g each) of powdered paint -- brown, green, blue, red, yellow and orange. Based on our testing, mixed 1 to 1 (powder with water) each packet will make about 200ml of paint.
- You could make it last longer and get around 400ml if you don’t mind a more watery consistency So that’s between 1.2 and 2.5 litres of paint in total.
- So at this price it works out at between about $4.50 and $9 per 250ml, which is not all that much more than you will pay for the usual size bottle of very unnatural, synthetic and chemical-based “non-toxic children’s paint” you will find in most shops in Australia.
- A set of six biodegradable mixing cups with lids.
- An Earth Art booklet with instructions and nature-based activity ideas.
- Packaging made with 100% post-consumer recycled and biodegradable materials.
Do the Children’s Earth Paints wash off of skin, furniture, clothes, etc?
The Earth Paint washes off of skin very easily. It’s also easy to clean hardwood floors, even once dry. The paints wash out of coloured clothing and furniture very well, but they will probably leave a slight stain on white clothes unless you get them in the wash quickly. The red colour contains iron oxides that leave light pink stains on white clothing.
How long do the paints last once mixed?
The Children’s Earth paints are best used fresh. We recommend that you mix only as much as you need for one painting session (a good excuse for your child to not have too much paint accessible to them!). Refrigerate any leftovers, and they stay good for about 4 to 7 days in your refrigerator, depending on your refrigerator temperature and how long they were out while painting. They’re made with milk, so they will spoil if left out for over a few hours.
Made in the USA